Top Fuel 9.8 is a high-performance full suspension mountain bike for endurance racers and riders who don't settle for one style of riding. It combines the best qualities of XC and trail bikes for an unbelievably fun, efficient, and capable rig. It's fast on flow, shreds big singletrack, and conquers endurance events. The 9.8 is built with an OCLV Mountain Carbon frame and across-the-board parts upgrades, including a 120mm Fox Performance 34 Step-Cast fork, SRAM GX Eagle drivetrain, and carbon wheels and bars.
It's right for you if...
You want an efficient, capable, short-travel trail bike that excels at endurance and stage racing and can handle rough trails and even XC races. You appreciate the performance advantage of carbon and want a superlight bike with race-level components and suspension.
The tech you get
A full OCLV Mountain Carbon frame, upgraded 120mm Fox Performance 34 Step-Cast Float fork with GRIP damper, 115mm of rear travel with a Fox Performance Float shock, and a 1x12 SRAM GX Eagle drivetrain with Truvativ Descendant 7k DUB cranks. Plus, wide carbon Bontrager Kovee Elite 30 wheels with a 54-tooth Rapid Drive hub for fast engagement, TwistLoc dual remote suspension lockout, Bontrager Line Elite Dropper, Bontrager Kovee Pro OCLV Carbon handlebars, and upgraded Shimano SLX hydraulic disc brakes.
The final word
Top Fuel 9.8 is an efficient, capable, and ridiculously fun short-travel carbon trail bike with the performance boost of upgraded parts like the drivetrain, fork, and brakes. It's built to rip technical terrain and descents, speed through flow sections, and withstand the beating endurance races dole out.
Why you'll love it
- This bike wants to go fast—it's built with no-nonsense, high-performance parts
- You get a Straight Shot down tube for extra stiffness in the rough and Knock Block frame defense to protect against spinning bars and fork crowns
- TwistLoc simultaneously locks out front and rear shocks for climbs and sprints with the simple Grip Shift-like motion
- Wider Kovee Elite 30 wheels provide better tire support so you can run lower pressure and get more traction
- This short-travel trail bike gives you a suspension setup that’s capable in several MTB disciplines, and especially suited to endurance events