Powerfly 5 is a highly capable electric mountain bike for a great value. It pairs a high-end Bosch e-MTB drive system with durable mountain bike components built to stand up to the trail. Plus, it features our user-friendly Removable Integrated Battery (RIB) system that fully encases the battery in the frame, yet doesn't require tools for removal. This bike is versatile, capable, and ready for adventure.
It's right for you if...
You've seen the e-bike light and want to expand your boundaries. Like us, you believe nothing should stand between you and your next great ride, including big climbs, headwinds, rugged trails you wouldn't otherwise be able to explore.
The tech you get
A lightweight and durable Alpha Platinum Aluminum frame that fully encases a 500Wh battery for sleek looks and protection on the trail, a new Bosch Performance CX 250-watt motor that assists up to 20 mph, and an ergonomic Bosch Purion controller. A RockShox Recon RL fork with 120mm of travel and a SRAM SX Eagle 1x12 drivetrain.
The final word
The best Bosch mountain bike electric assist system available on a value-minded e-MTB built with durable, reliable parts. The drivetrain, suspension, and components deliver solid all-around performance, so you can commute to the trailhead and then spend all day riding.
Why you'll love it
- The new, better-than-ever Bosch motor is smaller, lighter, and more efficient. It feels more natural while you’re pedaling, and has less drag when you’re not
- Trek's Removable Integrated Battery (RIB) system looks great and is super user-friendly: it fully hides the battery in the frame for protection, makes it easy remove the battery without tools and lets you mount a water bottle cage
- The Purion controller has Walk Assist and an intelligent eMTB mode that automatically delivers the right amount of power based on your terrain
- It's equipped with an external charging port for easy charging on or off the bike
- The size S frame features a curved top tube that makes standing over the bike easier. Plus, Smart Wheel Sizing means you'll get the fastest wheel that fits—29˝ wheels on larger frames, 27.5˝ wheels on smaller frames