Marlin 7 is where race-worthy mountain bikes begin. The smooth, lightweight RockShox fork and upgraded parts make this model the best choice for new riders who want a great cross country hardtail that will hold its own against our higher-end race bikes.
It's right for you if...
You're new to the trail but have serious singletrack aspirations, and want a race-worthy mountain bike with upgrades on the parts that make a big difference in performance, like a higher quality suspension fork.
The tech you get
The flagship model of the Marlin lineup has a lightweight Alpha Silver Aluminum frame with internal routing to protect your cables and add to the bike's sleek look, a high-quality RockShox fork with a lockout feature and 100mm of travel, a 2x9 drivetrain, Shimano hydraulic disc brakes, and a low-profile Shimano Shadow rear derailleur that's designed to avoid snagging on trail debris.
The final word
The RockShox suspension, wide range of gearing, and quality parts make it the best choice in the Marlin lineup for new mountain bikers who know they want a serious bike for their money. It’s fully capable of taking on off-road marathon rides and XC races.
Why you'll love it
- All the value, plus all the versatility—it's a totally race-worthy mountain bike, with rear rack mounts if you use it for commuting too
- It's really fun to ride, and feels like a much more expensive mountain bike
- Great suspension at an even better price
- The 2x drivetrain gives you all the gears you need and none you don’t
- Like every model in the Marlin family, it's backed by Trek's lifetime warranty