Domane AL 2 is the perfect gateway to comfortable road biking. It's stable, light, easy to accessorize, and fun to ride—all of which makes it the ideal choice for anyone looking for a great first experience with a real road bike.
It's right for you if...
You're a value-minded rider testing the waters of road cycling, and want a drop-bar bike that's an upgrade in feel, speed, and efficiency over a flat-bar hybrid or mountain bike. Domane AL 2 is a great choice if you're new to the road and want a quality road bike you won't immediately outgrow.
The tech you get
The Shimano drivetrain has 16 speeds, with shifters that are integrated into the brake levers so your hands never have to leave the bars. The wide range of gears makes it easier to ride terrain that varies in elevation. The lightweight Alpha Aluminum frame has mounts for a rack and fenders and a carbon fork—a feature that's not typically available in road bikes at this price point.
The final word
Domane AL 2 is an ideal, comfort-first introduction to road riding. It's made for a great fit that's fast but not as aggressive as what you might see in the Tour de France. Plus, it's backed by our lifetime warranty.
Why you'll love it
- It's a real road bike at a great value, and it gets you into the world of road cycling without a giant price tag
- It's built according to Trek's performance heritage and backed by a lifetime warranty
- The stable Endurance Geometry delivers comfort and confidence
- The unique IsoSpeed Carbon fork, which swoops forward toward the dropouts, absorbs vibrations from the road so your arms won't fatigue as quickly
- DuoTrap S compatibility makes it easy to wirelessly track your rides, so you can set goals and watch yourself reach them