The Fuel EX 5 is Trek Bicycles entry into full suspension bicycles. This bike is perfect for trail riding. The fork has 140mm of travel and the rear has 130mm. Adding a Shimano 1x10 drivetrain and a dropper post for getting low on the downhills. Shimano hydraulic disc brakes make the Trek Fuel EX 5 Great value for a high-performance mountain bike that will take you everywhere.
The tech you get
A lightweight Alpha Platinum Aluminum frame with internal cable routing, a Straight Shot down tube for extra stiffness in the rough, and a Knock Block steerer stop to protect against spinning bars. A 140mm RockShox Recon RL fork, 130mm of rear travel with a RockShox Deluxe Select Plus shock, a durable 10-speed Shimano Deore drivetrain, dropper post, and hydraulic disc brakes.
The final word
Full suspension performance without the sticker shock. Fuel EX 5 has the same frame and suspension tech found on our higher-end alloy Fuel EX models. Quality RockShox suspension, a dropper post, and a Shimano 1x10 drivetrain make for an ideal introduction to the world of full suspension trail riding.
Why you'll love it
- You're getting awesome features and the latest mountain bike innovations at an exceptional value
- It has the capability of far more expensive trail bikes: it shreds singletrack and can even handle marathon races
- The dropper post lets you lower your saddle on the fly so it's out of the way on descents
- The RockShox fork's Solo Air spring can easily be adjusted for a specific rider weight, and it's lighter than a coil spring
- We expanded our size range to ensure a better fit for all riders. And, you get the fastest wheel that fits your frame: XS frames get 27.5˝ wheels, S frames get to choose between 27.5˝ or 29˝, and sizes M to XL get 29˝ wheels