Get creative with your surroundings.
The 5010 turns obstacles into features. Its nimble, poppy feel makes even the most mundane rides feel like they're loaded with features to hop, skip and jump over. It's the kind of bike that makes new trails feel as familiar as the back of your hand.
27.5 is the fun-sized wheel size. Smaller wheels provide an ideal balance between toughness and weight saving making them the most fleet-footed (or quick fingered) whether launching logs or weaving through stumps. With its quick and agile character, the 5010 has become a go-to plaything for progressive riders the world over and the only contender on any backyard trails.
It’s a bike that goes harder than its vital stats may suggest. A 140mm-travel fork is paired with 130mm at the rear, the lower-link VPPTM configuration of which leaves you feeling there’s a lot more travel at hand. And you can choose how out of hand you want to get, as this pocket rocket fits all sizes and types of rear shocks.
It’s no handful either. The relatively slack head angle makes it predictable to steer, the relatively low BB height turns like it's on tracks and the short chainstays make this plaything easy to pick up and throw around.
No matter how much of a big kid you are the bike grows with you. We’ve tailored the geometry so frame size is matched to size specific chainstay lengths and super-low standover heights make it feel (almost) like that BMX you had as a kid.
Okay, perhaps that’s a bit nostalgic, but the 5010’s certainly a perfect gateway to the highs only proper mountain biking can offer.
The 5010’s balance and poise can turn any rider from cautious neophyte into a fully fledged flyer. The legendary Santa Cruz fit, finish and quality construction make this pocket rocket tougher than a Tonka toy. Fun and games are guaranteed, and the frame, linkages and optional Reserve wheels come with a lifetime warranty.
So don’t be afraid, roll up your sleeves and go get creative
- Looking for the bike with the biggest personality in our range? Check out the Bronson.
- Proud owner of a new 5010? Take a minute to register it with us.
- Loving the 5010 and want to see a Juliana? Try the Furtado.
- Want to buy a 5010? Use our dealer locator to find a shop near you.
- 14.07kg / 31.02lbs
- Carbon C
- RockShox Pike Select+, 140mm, 27.5"
- RockShox Super Deluxe Select+
- Shimano XT M8100 12spd
- Shimano XT M8100 12spd
- Shimano XT M8100 32t
- Shimano XT M8100, 12spd, 10-51t
- Shimano XT 12spd
- Shimano XT M8120
- Shimano XT RT86 Ice Tech 180mm
- Cane Creek 40 IS Integrated Headset
- Santa Cruz 35 Carbon Bar, 800mm, 35mm Rise
- Burgtec Enduro MK3, 42.5mm
- Santa Cruz House Grips or Burgtec Bartender Pro Grip Minnaar
- Industry Nine 1/1, 110x15, Torque Cap, 6 Bolt, 28h
- Industry Nine 1/1, 148x12, Microspline, 6 Bolt, 28h
- Race Face ARC Offset 30 27.5" Rims
- Reserve 30 Carbon Rim
- Sapim Race
- Maxxis Minion DHR II 27.5"x2.4", 3C, MaxxGRIP, EXO, TR
- Maxxis Minion DHR II 27.5"x2.4" 3C EXO TR
- Stan's Sealant
- RockShox Reverb Stealth 31.6
- WTB Silverado Medium Cromoly SL Fusion Saddle or WTB Volt